Keeping your cholesterol in check is one vital way to keep your heart as healthy as possible and we wanted to share what foods can help.
If you’re like most people, it’s difficult to make sure you’re taking all the right steps toward lowering your cholesterol levels, especially when it comes to the foods you’re eating. But it doesn’t have to be difficult and could be as simple as including the foods listed below more regularly in your diet.
Sorry . . . burgers, beer and brats are not making the list no matter how bad you wish they were on here. Here are the cholesterol lowering foods you should be eating:
1. Green Tea – Green tea packs immense benefits when it comes to improving your health. Loaded with antioxidants, catechins and more, green tea reduces the amount of cholesterol your body takes in to reduce overall bad cholesterol. Green tea retains more nutrients than other forms of tea because it does not go through extensive processing.
2. Avocados – Naturally cholesterol free, avocados are full of the healthy fats the body needs to function at its best. The oleic acid in avocados works to reduce your bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol. Avocados also come packed with potassium and fiber to help reduce your blood pressure and support your overall health.
3. Beans – With as much soluble fiber as there is in beans, you’ll really notice bad cholesterol drop if you eat them regularly. Beans also help stabilize blood sugar levels and help you feel energized because they’re high in protein.
4. Oranges – Of course, you know about the vitamin C in oranges, but did you know about the pectin? Pectin works to flush cholesterol before the body has a chance to absorb it. But you’ll only get the benefits with the whole food, not from the juice.
5. Broccoli – Clearly broccoli is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. The fiber content in broccoli helps eliminate your bad cholesterol. When it comes to eating broccoli, your best bet is to steam it to retain the fiber and nutrients in it.
6. Salmon – The fatty acid found in salmon works to regulate triglyceride levels and help remove the bad fat and cholesterol within the body.
7. Oatmeal – Consider oatmeal as a cholesterol sponge. Oatmeal helps gather bad cholesterol and pushes it out as waste.
8. Red Wine – Resveratrol in red wine helps prevent bad cholesterol from rising while boosting good cholesterol levels.
9. Blueberries – You might not have ever heard of pterostilbene, but it’s found in blueberries and helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure. You’ll also improve the health of your arteries by protecting them from free radicals with all the antioxidants found in blueberries.
Of course, our list of cholesterol lowering foods is not comprehensive and there are dozens of other foods you should be eating to reduce your cholesterol.
Also Eat – Tomatoes, flax seeds, kale, soy, garlic, dark chocolate, apples and spinach.
Look for foods high in fiber, pectin and antioxidants.
When it comes to eating cholesterol lowering foods, be sure you incorporate foods you enjoy eating. If you’re eating foods you enjoy, it won’t be a chore to try to improve your high cholesterol.
We also recommend adding the amino acid l-arginine to your diet. L-arginine is a key to raising nitric oxide levels to expand your blood vessels. This process helps to flush cholesterol easier.
While l-arginine is available through many foods, the best way to increase your l-arginine is through L-arginine Plus, the #1 cardiovascular supplement available.
L-arginine Plus utilizes proven ingredients to provide impressive support for your heart’s health while supporting healthy cholesterol levels and supporting healthy blood pressure levels.