L-arginine Plus®
Spread the Word

Magnesium Benefits: The Mineral You’re Missing Out On

Magnesium benefits the normal function of blood pressure and heart rhythm because it is an important mineral in muscle contraction and relaxation.

According to research, experts believe many individuals fail to eat enough magnesium.

Magnesium is so important to cardiovascular health that magnesium deficiency in adults can lead to:

• Change in heart function
• Insulin resistance
• High blood pressure
• Decreased insulin production

Magnesium deficiency is also often associated with more severe problems including:

• Coronary heart disease
• Kidney disease
• Migraines
• Obesity
• Eclampsia
• Asthma
• Premenstrual syndrome

More significant signs of magnesium deficiency include:

• Seizures
• Abnormal heart rhythms
• Muscle contractions and cramps
• Personality changes
• Numbness and tingling

About 60% of magnesium in the body is stored in our bones, while the other 40% resides in soft tissues, like our muscles and organs. Magnesium is necessary for 300 (possibly more) biochemical reactions in the body. Magnesium also helps to keep blood pressure normal.

The daily recommended intake of magnesium is about 4 grams per day.

Though magnesium is one of the most prevalent minerals in the earth’s crust, and is easily accessible in most veggies, nuts and whole grains, many people are magnesium deficient.

Did you know l-arginine Plus can help you get more magnesium?

Magnesium deficiency occurs for multiple reasons. To begin, we stress too much. High amounts of magnesium are used to create stress hormones, and when we aren’t replacing used magnesium at the rate our body requires, it takes a physical toll and our magnesium levels drop.

Sugar is another factor to blame, since the processing of sugar in our bodies requires a good amount of magnesium as well. The more sugar we consume, the faster magnesium is depleted.

Other reasons for magnesium deficiency have to do with low soil quality, side effects from any prescription medications that might take away from our magnesium levels.

There are too many benefits to be reaped from magnesium for it to be overlooked! Magnesium benefits include:

• Improved muscle and nerve function
• Energy boost
• Improved protein, carbohydrate, and fat digestion
• Building proteins and DNA
• Aids effectiveness of neurotransmitters such as serotonin

Magnesium has been known to help those with diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.

It’s possible to get more magnesium via dietary changes, especially ones that involve consuming only raw fruits and vegetables.

Because magnesium is highly soluble, cooking foods containing magnesium via boiling, steaming, or sautéing, reduces that food’s natural magnesium content.

Fluoride, often found in most tap waters and toothpastes, is also a culprit when it comes to factors that deplete magnesium levels.

To get magnesium through your diet, you can find magnesium in:

White Beans: one cup of white beans provides 30% of your daily magnesium

Plain Yogurt: one cup provides 12% of your daily magnesium needs

Broccoli: One cup provides 8% of your daily magnesium needs

Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato has 8% of the magnesium

Quinoa: ½ cup of quinoa provides 15% of your daily magnesium

Before you choose to take a magnesium supplement, it’s best to talk to your doctor, since magnesium typically needs to be counterbalanced and kept in check by healthy levels of calcium and potassium in the body.