Measuring your blood pressure is important, especially if you have hypertension. Here are some of the best blood pressure monitors you can find.
By using an at-home blood pressure monitor, you can keep track of your health from the comfort of your home. Moreover, if you have high blood pressure (hypertension), you can notice when your levels are too high and do something. However, there are many options to choose from, which is why this article focuses on the best around.
However, keep in mind that some studies note that at-home monitors can provide inaccurate results. This may be due to user error, as some individuals may place the arm cuff wrong or don’t follow instructions. Fortunately, the newer models take this into account and help prevent these errors from happening.
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), there are certain steps you can take to help improve the accuracy. For example, you should sit up straight with your legs and arms unsupported and remain as still as possible. Also, take your measurements at around the same time each day, place the cuff on a bare arm, and take 2-3 readings.
Choosing an at-home monitor
When selecting the best monitor for yourself, consider its ease of use, data tracking and storing capabilities, and cost. They should also be FDA or third-party approved and it’s a plus if they can store or transmit the readings. In considering these factors, the blood pressure monitors below are some of the best around.
- QardioArm Smart Blood Pressure Monitor: FDA-approved, connects to a mobile app, and displays, records, and tracks results. It also features information to help you understand your results and sends blood pressure notifications and reminders.
- Wellue AirBP: FDA-approved and has a cuff that displays and tracks data on smartphones and additional electronic devices. Moreover, it connects to an app to track and display data, is durable and portable, and has rechargeable batteries.
- RESPeRATE Ultra: This FDA-approved monitor features an LCD display and a 2-month battery life with regular use. Furthermore, it only allows for a single user and offers a financing option as well as a money-back guarantee.
- FORA D20 2-in-1 Blood Glucose and Arm Blood Pressure Monitor: It features a wide-screen display and a PC-linking capability. In addition, it can monitor both blood pressure and blood glucose levels; it also has a talking voice for guidance.
- Omron Complete Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor+EKG: This FDA-approved monitor can store up to 90 readings. It can also record both blood pressure and electrocardiogram (EKG) results and qualifies for health savings account (HSA) use.
When measuring your blood pressure at home, it’s a good idea to compare the results to your doctor’s monitor for accuracy. As you do so, you will be able to effectively keep track of your health and know if your treatment needs adjustments.
However, if you want to give yourself an extra health boost, try taking a daily supplement like L-arginine Plus. It effectively promotes healthy circulation, blood pressure, cholesterol, energy, and more.
Give your blood pressure health the support it needs and take L-arginine Plus as part of your wellness routine.