What you eat affects your entire body. Certain foods increase your body’s blood flow! Here are 5 foods that boost your circulation.
Foods that boost your circulation
Certain spices contain ingredients that improve circulation greatly! Eating these spices will not only make your food taste better, but will boost your circulation as well!
- Cayenne pepper: Cayenne’s spicy flavor comes from a chemical called capsaicin. Research shows that ingesting cayenne pepper increases circulation, improves blood vessel strength and reduces plaque buildup.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon dilates blood vessels and increase blood flow in the coronary artery, which leads to your heart.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is used widely in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicinal practices to open blood vessels and improve circulation. A component of turmeric called curcumin is responsible for that effect as it helps increase nitric oxide production.
- Ginger: One study of over 4000 adults showed that those who consumed the most ginger had the lowest risk of developing high blood pressure.
- Garlic: Studies show that garlic can increase tissue blood flow and lower blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels. Diets high in garlic are associated with blood flow efficiency and healthy blood pressure levels.
2. Fatty Fish
Fatty fish like salmon and mackerel contain a ton of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fats promote the release of nitric oxide, a substance that dilates your blood vessels and improves overall blood flow, making it a great food that improves circulation.
To some, beets don’t taste great, but they’re awesome for your circulation! Many athletes use beets to help them improve athletic performance. Why? Because, beets are high in nitrates, which your body transforms into a substance called nitric oxide. Then, nitric oxide opens up your blood vessels and increases the amount of blood that reaches your various muscles.
Those nitrates help with your overall circulation and can improve blood flow in adults with circulatory issues. Try out a beetroot powder for improved circulation. HeartBeet Complete is an amazing supplement.
4. Leafy Greens
Leafy greens, like beets, are super high in nitrates. Research shows that people following nitrate-rich diets have lower blood pressure and lower risk of heart disease than those following a diet lower in nitrates.
5. Citrus Fruits
Fruits like oranges, lemons, and grapefruits are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are great for your overall wellness, but specific antioxidants called flavonoids decrease inflammation which can reduce blood pressure and decrease stiffness in your arteries
Best Supplement for Circulation
Having a healthy diet is one of the best steps you can take to having better circulation.
If you want to go a step further, then circulation supplements are the best way to go.
Supplements are convenient and easy to take – especially L-arginine Plus.
L-arginine Plus safely boosts your nitric oxide production, all based on one of the most important medical breakthroughs related to cardiovascular health.
By combining the effects of l-arginine, l-citrulline, astragin, and other key vitamins and minerals, L-arginine Plus is one of the most effective circulation supplements on the market.
Get all the health benefits you’re looking for without the side effects and try L-arginine Plus now.