Someone who has just received a high cholesterol diagnosis can react between a wide range of responses — anywhere from somewhat concerned to absolute panic.
Understanding more about high cholesterol and how to manage it can hopefully alleviate a person’s concerns and help guide them to healthier blood pressure.
“There is something you can do about it,” says Daniel Edmundowicz, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of Preventative Cardiology at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. “I always harp on the fact that this is a preventable condition. Now’s the time to make a lifestyle change.”
If you’ve recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol, or you’re getting your cholesterol checked soon, you can ask your doctor these questions at your next visit to help you better understand your cholesterol:
- What is cholesterol and why is it important?
- Is high cholesterol hereditary?
- What caused my cholesterol to be too high?
- What is “good” cholesterol and what does it do?
- How can I increase my “good” cholesterol?
- What is “bad” cholesterol and what does it do?
- What are the dangers of having high cholesterol? Are there any symptoms?
- How can I decrease my “bad” cholesterol?
- What changes should I make to my diet?
- What are the best exercises to lower my cholesterol? How often should I exercise?
- Is medicine necessary? What are the side effects? Is long-term use harmful?
- Are there alternative medicine or treatments that I can consider?
- Is there anything else I should know about high cholesterol and how to manage it?
Optional question: if you have any other medical conditions, ask how this might affect your treatment related to those medical conditions.
Asking these questions is a great way to get a better understanding of your cholesterol levels, and answers to these questions can help you plan to improve your cholesterol.
Getting the Best Support for Bad Cholesterol
When it comes to your cholesterol, L-arginine Plus® provides a natural approach to help support healthy cholesterol levels. L-arginine Plus® works to promote healthy levels of good cholesterol and lowers levels of bad cholesterol.
L-arginine Plus® naturally increases nitric oxide levels to help open and expand the blood vessels. This process makes it easier for the bad cholesterol to flow through the body without getting stuck. This process also allows good cholesterol to flow through the blood vessels and help remove the bad cholesterol.
If you’re looking for added support for your cholesterol, there’s no better option than L-arginine Plus®.